At Gordon's Beach Farm Stay
- Explore 10 acres of private, secluded property.
- Plentiful bird and wildlife — ideal for bird watching!
- See whales from the breakfast table.
- Stand up paddle boards available for $50/day with damage deposit of $500.00 at time of booking
- Dinghy and fishing rod and/or crab trap available
- Catch some of the best waves: surfing and windsurfing Big Wave Dave's Webcam
- Enjoy hiking and local naturalist tours.
- Ride mountain biking trails.
- We're close to forests and beaches.
- Experience world class dining only a short drive away.
- 15 minutes to the town of Sooke.
- 1 hour to City of Victoria
Botanical Beach Provincial Park
- View tidepools rich with marine life.
- Located 3.5 km south of Port Renfrew on Vancouver Island.
French Beach Provincial Park
- 59 hectares along spectacular Straight of Juan De Fuca.
- Beautiful trails, whale watching from shore, secluded campsites, waterfront picnic areas.
- 69 campsites, playground for children, saltwater fishing, walking/hiking trails.
- See second growth Douglas Fir, sitka spruce, western hemlock, and western red cedar trees.
- Sandy beaches are home to many shorebird species.
- Located approx. halfway between Sooke and Jordan River.
- More about French Beach Park
Juan de Fuca Marine Trail
- 47 km of wilderness trail stretches from China Beach to Botanical Beach.
- Day or multi-day hiking and ocean viewing opportunities.
- Accesses at Botanical Beach, Parkinson Creek, Sombrio Beach, and China Beach.
- Rugged, scenic beauty, where it's possible to view the roaring surf and coastal marine life such as sea lions.
- Camping available at both beach sites and forest sites.
- Located 13 km northwest of French Beach.
Carmanah Walbran Provincial Park
- Declared a provincial park in 1990 to protect the 'legendary giants' (Sitka spruce).
- The Carmanah giant, at 95 metres, is thought to be the tallest Sitka spruce in the world.
- Wilderness camping, hiking and nature study.
- 16,450 hectacres in size.
- Located 20 km northwest of Port Renfrew.
Galloping Goose Trail
- 60 km of trail connects Victoria to Leechtown.
- Cycling, hiking, horse riding, and inline skating on paved parts.
- The trail is named after a 1920s gasoline powered passenger car.
- More about the Galloping Goose Trail
East Sooke Regional Park
- 3500 acre park
- Bordered on one side by the waters of the Juan de Fuca Strait
- 50 km of trails weaving through second-growth forests
- Three easy public access points
- More about East Sooke Park